Description:At NVCSS, our housing program provides housing opportunities for different populations, including some with special needs. The program also serves seniors and families. Our goal is to promote the development of support services which contribute to the ability of residents to lead more independent lifestyles in an environment that reinforces the quality of their lives. We believe that programs benefit people only when they contribute to the individual’s freedom and independence.
We are seeking a compassionate and experienced on-site Resident Manager for our Laurel Glen Apartment, featuring 24 one bedroom units and 40 family units that provide housing opportunities for seniors and families. The primary responsibilities will be collection of rent, handling move-ins and move-outs, maintaining tenant files & monitoring housing complex.
Examples of Duties:
- Ensure and collect all tenants’ rent timely and deliver to NVCSS by the 5th of each month. When necessary, apply rental policies regarding rent collection in compliance with legal requirements
- Respond to any security or vandalism problems by reporting to NVCSS and law enforcement when warranted
- Report possible lease violations, safety concerns, and any other situations which require attention to the NVCSS Housing Lead immediately
- Collaborate with tenants to encourage tenant-planned social and community activities
- Respond to maintenance requests from tenants in a prompt manner, and coordinating repairs with NVCSS Housing staff
- Coordinate with the NVCSS Maintenance staff and Housing staff to complete all necessary repairs and cleaning for all vacated units to be in condition to re-rent
- Complete required Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) documents and maintain all tenant files as required by HUD and all other funding sources
- Perform annual inspections of apartments and completing inspection documents
- Maintain and clean all common areas
- Provide a monthly status report to the NVCSS Housing Lead by the 5th of each month
Salary:$17.00 per hour and rent on a 2 bd unit
Minimum Employment Qualifications:High school diploma or equivalent degree. Associate's and/or Bachelor's degree preferred. The ideal candidate will have two years experience in property management, money handling, documentation, working with special populations including low-income and disabled adults, and maintenance skills. Must be detail oriented, problem solving, able to meet deadlines and have good written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. Have a current driver's license, auto registration and auto insurance. Experience with Microsoft and Google platforms. Experience working with HUD is helpful.
The working conditions are typical health clinic settings; involving the potential for high stress levels and exposure to hostile situations; some non-standard work hours may be required. Must be able to work with a clinically challenging client population and maintain professional composure. May be required to lift and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds.
Other:At NVCSS, our benefit program includes monetary and non-monetary benefits that are carefully designed to support the entirety of your life, both personally and professionally. This position is eligible to participate in our benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and group and voluntary life insurance and AD&D. Other benefits include leave of absences, generous holiday pay, paid sick and vacation time off, and retirement programs.
NVCSS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.