NVCSS Counseling services were first offered in Shasta County in 1986, and are now offered in Chico and Oroville. The Counseling program maintains a highly ethical and sound reputation in the community and has an exceptional staff of licensed clinicians: licensed marriage, family and child therapists, licensed clinical social workers; as well as supervised interns. A full range of services are provided, including: individual psychotherapy for children and adults; family and couples counseling; school-based therapy for children; and treatment for dual diagnoses. Counselors also provide services in the local schools to offer individual and group help to students.
Some of the common therapeutic issues that are treated are:
- Couple and family relationship issues
- Divorce and separation dynamics
- Child abuse (sexual, physical, emotional and neglect)
- Depression and Anxiety disorders
- Domestic violence and Anger Management
- Treatment planning
- Anxiety disorders
- Substance Abuse issues
- Sliding fee scale based on income and family size
- Partnership Health Plan (Shasta)
- Medi-Cal accepted for children
- Free interpreter service for Medi-Cal clients. Para recibir servicios en Español, tenemos interpretes gratis.