If you or someone you know currently resides in California and has been granted asylum by the United States, the Enhanced Services for Asylees and Vulnerable Non-Citizens (ESAVN) program can provide case management services. ESAVN will provide culturally appropriate and responsive case management services for asylees and vulnerable noncitizens for up to 90 days within the first year following the grant of asylum, or after they have been deemed a vulnerable noncitizen eligible for services.
ESAVN services include:
- Culturally appropriate and linguistically responsive case management services
- Assist in accessing public social benefits
- Cultural orientations regarding civic engagement and direct services (English language classes, pre-employment services, and job placement)
- Assist in navigating social services and health care systems
- Individuals granted asylum
- Noncitizen survivors of human trafficking, domestic violence, and other serious crimes who are preparing to file or have filed petitions for the T-Visa, or have filed petitions for or received the U-Visa non-immigrant status with the appropriate federal agency
Please reference the appropriate county indicated on the flyers for contact information. Services can be provided in a number of languages through a translation service NVCSS utilizes. Feel free to reach out to our agency if you have any further questions by calling the phone numbers on the flyers.
*These case management services are free of charge.